Land & Property Services (LPS) attended a Belfast City Council multi-agency meeting this morning to provide an update on rates advice for the businesses impacted by the Belfast Fire.
Details of the fourteen businesses which remain within the cordon area have been supplied to Land & Property Service (LPS). As these premises are currently inaccessible and inoperable the LPS District Valuer will review the Net Annual Value (NAV) assessment on each of these properties as a matter of urgency. LPS will also liaise with these ratepayers directly in regards to their resultant rate liability.
These ratepayers or their representatives may contact LPS on telephone number 0300 200 7801. If contacting LPS by phone callers should make it clear to the operator that they are a representative of one of the fourteen businesses behind the cordon at the Bank Buildings fire. LPS have a team dedicated to handle these cases so it is important that ratepayers are directed to the appropriate team.
In relation to businesses outside the cordon it is too early to determine the impact of the Bank Buildings fire on rateable values and therefore rate bills. LPS is continuing to monitor the situation closely and will provide further advice and guidance as necessary. This remains a developing situation; however, if any business impacted directly by the fire wishes to discuss their rate liability they can contact LPS directly on 0300 200 7801.
LPS remains willing to discuss extended payment arrangements with affected businesses. Ratepayers may also be eligible for the Hardship Relief Scheme. This relief is intended to assist businesses who meet the specific conditions to recover from a temporary crisis, financial or otherwise, as a result of exceptional circumstances.
Businesses can contact LPS for further advice and information on how to manage their rate commitments as a consequence of the recent fire incident by:
- Tel 0300 200 7801 (charged at local rate)
- Tel +44 28 9049 5794 if calling from outside the UK
- Text relay 18001 0300 200 7801
- In person at the Belfast Customer Information Centre, Lanyon Plaza, 7 Lanyon Place, Town Parks, Belfast BT1 3LP
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information available online at: https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/business-rates-valuing-alterations-existing-properties
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6727/028 81 6895 or email email@example.com Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
2. Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Reappointment of Utility Regulator Board members 23 October 2020
- Murphy welcomes Civil Partnership conversions 22 October 2020
- Murphy welcomes changes to Job Support Scheme 22 October 2020
- Murphy responds to Treasury Spending Review announcement 21 October 2020