Addressing business leaders in Boston today, Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir said the US has a key role to play in continuing to support economic development and the next phase of the peace process.
Speaking at an Irish American Partnership BUSINESS event, the Minister said: “US support over the past two decades has played a key role in supporting our economy and a successful peace process. The challenge facing the Executive is to continue to build the peace through economic and political progress to deliver the shared and prosperous society we all envisage. I am confident we can do so with the continued support of Irish America.
“Over my two day visit to Boston I will meet key business government and political representatives to urge a fresh start to the mutually beneficial relationship between our people and the diaspora. Boston is at the capital of Irish America. I was proud to sign the sister city agreement with Boston in 2014 when I was first citizen of Belfast. I look forward to meeting with Boston’s outstanding Irish American Mayor Marty Walsh."
During his visit, Minister Ó Muilleoir will meet with the Mayor of Boston Martin J Walsh, Massachusetts Comptroller Thomas G. Shack III Esq, State Treasurer Deborah Goldberg, Senator Michael F Rush and Representative Daniel J Ryan.
Notes to editors:
- Sign up to receive the weekly Minister’s News featuring latest updates from Máirtín Ó Muilleoir, Finance Minister.
- Follow us on twitter @dptfinance and like the Facebook page.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoF Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Finance Minister outlines plan for Marriage Law reform 01 July 2022
- Cost of living top of the agenda for Finance Ministers 15 June 2022
- Murphy determined to see cost of living support delivered 26 May 2022
- Murphy welcomes Fiscal Commission report 19 May 2022