NICS HR, the centralised human resources function for the Northern Ireland Civil Service, brings together core HR functions including those previously delivered through Corporate HR, Departmental HR, the Centre for Applied Learning and Job Evaluation analysts.
Areas of responsibility
NICS HR's purpose is to support the delivery of the draft Programme for Government through the provision of high quality HR services. It is responsible for:
- strategic HR business partnering with NICS Departments and participating bodies
- NICS Human Resources policy
- workforce planning and resourcing
- equality and diversity
- NICS pay, reward and grading
- Welfare Support Service
- employee relations
- learning and development
- NICS pension arrangements
- Occupational Health Service
NICS HR also provides HR policy advice and guidance to North/South bodies and Tourism Ireland. NICS HR also provides training to the wider public sector.