Use the rates calculator below to find your exact annual rate bill for the period 1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017.
Before you start
You will need the Capital value for your domestic property or the Net Annual Value (NAV) for non domestic properties. You can find these by using the links below:
What rates pay for
The money that you pay in rates contributes to the funding of public services including:
- council amenities such as recreational facilities, bin collection and tourism
- regional services such as roads, education and healthcare
More information on what your rates pay for is available from the nidirect website.
You have a legal and civil responsibility to pay your rate bill. LPS rigorously pursues the recovery of rates and if you do not pay your rates we will take you to court. This will mean:
- you will have to pay additional costs
- your credit rating may be affected
- you may not being able to apply for credit or in some cases being made bankrupt
You can find out more information from the nidirect website.