Find out the full annual rate calculation for the current rating year.
Before you start
The way to find the full annual rate calculation for the current rating year has recently changed.
Instead of using the Rates Calculator, you now:
- Use the 'Find a property valuation' link below to find a property using the property address
- In the search results, click on 'Details'
- On the next page, you will see the Estimated Rate Bill which shows the full annual rate calculation for the current rating year (April to March).
- Remember that the full annual rates calculation does not include any reductions for rate reliefs, exemptions, exclusions, or any emergency measures introduced to assist those impacted by COVID-19.
Please note the rates calculator does not take account of social rented sector properties, (those owned by registered Housing Associations and the Northern Ireland Housing Executive). Rate levels for those properties will be outlined to tenants directly through their Housing Association.
What rates pay for
The money that you pay in rates contributes to the funding of public services including:
- council amenities such as recreational facilities, bin collection and tourism
- regional services such as roads, education and healthcare
More information on what your rates pay for is available from the nidirect website.
You have a legal and civil responsibility to pay your rate bill. LPS rigorously pursues the recovery of rates and if you do not pay your rates we will take you to court. This will mean:
- you will have to pay additional costs
- your credit rating may be affected
- you may not being able to apply for credit or in some cases being made bankrupt
You can find out more information from the nidirect website.