The aim of the Buildsafe-NI initiative was to eliminate deaths and substantially reduce injuries in the Northern Ireland construction industry.
To achieve this contractors, consultants (and their supply chains) tendering for public sector works contracts are required to satisfy the government construction client that they have the resources and competence to manage health and safety.
As a minimum, they must demonstrate that they are capable of meeting the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (NI) 2016 and other relevant regulations, approved codes of practice and recognised guidance.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Environmental management systems in construction procurement
- How to register for the CPD Dynamic Shortlisting System
- Licence to Practise (LtP) initiative
- Procurement Policy Notes (PPNs)
- Supplier references from government construction contracts
- View sub-contracting opportunities with current government contractors