Land & Property Services (LPS) collect, process and manage land and property information, which underpins the collection of rates, in support of the Executive's commitment to economic and social development in Northern Ireland.
Tá Seirbhísí Talún agus Maoine (LPS) freagrach as bailiú, as próiseáil agus as bainistiú eolais faoi thalamh agus faoi mhaoin, atá mar bhonn taca le bailiú na rátaí, agus a thacaíonn le tiomantas an Fheidhmeannais d’fhorbairt eacnamaíoch agus shóisialta i dTuaisceart Éireann.
Following government measures announced on 23 March to limit the spread of COVID-19, Land & Property Services offices and phone lines are closed until Wednesday 15 April. The closure will be kept under regular review and the dates will change in line with further Government announcements.
If you have an urgent query, you can direct it to one of the following mailboxes but it may take longer than usual for your query to be dealt with:
Land Registration CustomerInformation.LandRegistration@finance-ni.gov.uk
Ordnance Survey Mapping.Helpdesk@finance-ni.gov.uk
Small Business Grant Scheme
You can find information and an online form at Coronavirus: Business Support Grant Schemes. Otherwise you can contact the Small Business Grant Scheme Helpline on 0300 200 7809. Lines are open 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
- Help available for business rates
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) and delay in rates bills
Information on this website
On this website, you will find information on the following topics:
- Property rating
- Property valuation
- Land registration
- Ordnance Survey of Northern ireland
- Rating policy
- Contact LPS
Services provided by LPS
- valuing all domestic and non domestic properties in Northern Ireland
- maintaining valuation lists
- carrying out general revaluations
- providing a general valuation, estate management and property information service to government departments and the public sector in Northern Ireland
- issuing rate bills for private domestic properties and non domestic properties, such as shops and factories
- following up and processing payments for rate bills
- inspecting vacant properties
- processing refunds if someone has paid too much
- managing the Housing Benefit scheme (for owner occupiers) and the other rate-relief schemes - see Help with paying your rates on the NI Direct website
- managing the Disabled Person’s Allowance scheme
- maintaining the Title Register in Land Registry, Statutory Charges Register and the Registry of Deeds and providing up-to-date accurate Land Information services
- supplying mapping information for Northern Ireland
- providing records and data about place and location
The LPS Management team
Ian Snowden - Chief Executive
- Angela McGrath - Director of Valuation / Commissioner of Valuation
- Jim Lennon - Chief Survey Officer
- Judith Andrews - Director of Revenues and Benefits
- Nigel McVittie - Director of Digital Services
- Christine Farrell - Director of Registration / Registrar of Titles
- Alan Brontë - Director of Rating Policy
LPS business priorities
Together delivering excellence and innovation in the provision of
land and property services upon which our customers can rely.
We will provide our customers with an effective, efficient, timely and trusted service by:
- providing easily accessible services underpinned by excellent customer service
- mapping a single view of land and properties accessible in multi-formats
- registering properties promptly
- accurately valuing land and buildings
- efficiently collecting rates from households and businesses
We will invest in our future by seeking opportunities to generate revenue from our land and property information assets.
|Customers||We will ensure our primary focus is on delivering quality services|
|Leadership||LPS managers will demonstrate clarity of purpose and inspire others|
|Ethics||We will deliver fair and equitable treatment for all|
|Accountability||We will be accountable to our Minister and the NI Assembly for the delivery of services and our performance|
|Results||We will use our resources efficiently to deliver the results required by our stakeholders|
LPS Corporate publications
Annual report and Accounts
Please use the link below to see Annual reports and accounts.
Corporate and Business plan
Please use the links below to find recent LPS Business plan:
Management Board minutes
Please use the links below to see minutes of the LPS Management Board meetings:
- LPS Management Board minutes 2019 - 2020
- LPS Management Board minutes 2018 - 2019
- LPS Management Board minutes 2017 - 2018
- LPS Management Board minutes 2016 - 2017
Please use the links below to see the ICT Strategy:
If you wish to contact LPS, please click on the link below:
How to make a complaint
Find out how to make a complaint if you are not happy with the service LPS provide to you.
Freedom of Information
Find out how to request information from LPS under the Freedom of Information Act or the General Data Protection Regulation.
National Fraud Initiative
LPS is required by law to protect the public funds it administers. It may share information provided to it with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud. More information can be found using the link below: