Finance Minister Conor Murphy visited Ballycastle Credit Union which has been awarded over £92,000 in Dormant Accounts Funding.
Following the visit Conor Murphy said: “It was great to have the opportunity to visit the Ballycastle Credit Union and hear how the Dormant Accounts funding will help to implement a new online banking system.
“Increasingly more of our lives are accessible digitally and this valuable funding will not only benefit the Credit Union to increase their membership, as the online services can be accessed by more people, but this will also help future proof the long term sustainability of the organisation.”
Brian Dillon, President of Ballycastle Credit Union welcomed the visit from the Finance Minister saying; “We are delighted to show Finance Minister, Conor Murphy, how the Dormant Accounts Funding will enable Ballycastle Credit Union to increase our digital offering to our current membership and widen our appeal to potential customers in the future.”
The Dormant Accounts Fund NI is delivered by The National Lottery Community Fund. Further details can be found at here.
While in Ballycastle, the Finance Minister also met with local businesses to discuss the challenges they are facing. Minister Murphy added: “Local businesses are the heartbeat of local communities and have proven they can adapt to the challenges of the last couple of years. I am hearing time and time again on the extreme hardship our local businesses are facing as energy bills and cost of borrowing continues to rise.
“The latest announcement from the new Chancellor has given businesses no reassurance in helping protect the livelihoods of their workers through this cost crisis. I will continue to press the Westminster Government to provide additional support.”
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com.
2. Follow us on Twitter - @dptfinance
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Appointment of Non-Executive Board Members to Department of Finance 27 September 2023
- Landlord allowance date approaching 12 September 2023
- Online awareness events to be held on energy efficiency and related areas of Building Regulations consultation 17 August 2023
- Views sought on proposed changes to the NICS recruitment policy on advertising 07 August 2023