Thousands of suppliers are set to benefit from an enhanced tendering system which helps organisations bid for public sector business.
eTendersNI, the portal through which around 22,000 suppliers tender for contracts to provide goods, services and works to Government departments, agencies and arms-length bodies, has been redesigned to make it easier for suppliers to work through the tender submission process.
The system is managed by the Department of Finance’s Construction and Procurement Delivery Division.
Meeting with representatives from some of the companies who helped in the design process recently, Finance Minister Conor Murphy said: “Public sector procurement is vital for local businesses and jobs. Around 95% of all public sector bodies use this portal to advertise government tender opportunities. Public procurement expenditure is approximately £3bn each year and accounts for around 25% of the Executive’s budget. It is therefore important we make the tendering process as user-friendly as possible to give companies the best opportunity to bid for contracts.
“I was delighted to hear first-hand the positive response from representatives from a range of companies who regularly use the system to search for business opportunities and bid for contracts. Collaborating with industry and taking on-board user feedback has helped enhance the system - making it easier to do business with government.”
Previously, suppliers prepared tenders on their own computer, but using their feedback, the system has been enhanced so that suppliers can prepare and submit tenders from a secure space in eTendersNI. Multiple users within the organisation can work together on their tender response and mobile phones and tablets can be used to access the system which also contains a document library for uploading and attaching documents.
Notes to editors:
- Picture caption: Finance Minister Conor Murphy with Ian McLelland from LM Services, Angie Brown from Pierce Printellect, Paul Millar from Hamilton Architects, and Principal Consultant Gerard Graham.
- Anyone interested in bidding for public sector contracts should visit: https://etendersni.gov.uk/epps/home.do
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com. Out of Office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptFinance
- Applications open for Open Data Fund 05 December 2022
- Civil Service Student Placement Scheme launched 28 November 2022
- Reappointment of Chair and members of the Northern Ireland Building Regulations Advisory Committee 26 October 2022
- Lift off for £25 million Dormant Assets – Murphy 25 October 2022