Finance Minister, Conor Murphy has welcomed North South Ministerial Council approval of the Peace Plus Programme.
Welcoming approval Minister Murphy said: “The £1 billion Peace Plus Programme will provide much needed funding across a broad range of projects in the North and the Border region. This will include our health sector, with significant investment in supporting healthy and inclusive communities – which is particularly important in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Today’s approval marks a key milestone in the Peace Plus Programme which will help deliver economic regeneration, investment in young people, the environment and further support peace and reconciliation initiatives.
“SEUPB can now seek formal approval from the European Commission with a view to the Peace Plus Programme opening for calls in early 2022.”
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries to the Department of Finance Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Murphy visits Cuilcagh Mountain 14 October 2021
- 14 October 2021
- Murphy presses Treasury for positive Spending Review outcome 14 October 2021
- Murphy launches consultation to improve energy efficiency in new buildings 12 October 2021