Finance Minister, Conor Murphy is encouraging businesses eligible for the £5,000 and £10,000 top up grant schemes being administered by Land & Property Services to go online and apply.
The top up payments are for businesses which received either the £10,000 Small Business Support Grant or the £25,000 Retail, Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Grant last year, but which did not receive any funding during the most recent restrictions.
While most businesses received their top up payments automatically last month, some businesses need to apply for the top up grant. These include businesses that operate from premises where the landlord pays the rates, businesses that have relocated since they were paid the original grant and new businesses which started trading after May last year.
Encouraging businesses to apply, Finance Minister Conor Murphy said: “Over £70 million has so far issued in automatic top up payments to more than 13,000 businesses. While these businesses remained opened their footfall and trade was impacted by restrictions and so I was keen to ensure they received support.
“From today businesses which did not receive an automatic payment can apply for a top up grant payment.”
The Minister added: “I have been determined to ensure support reaches as many businesses as possible. Businesses which started trading after the Small Business Support Grant and the Retail, Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Grant were issued last year will now be able to apply for the top up grant.
“I would encourage businesses to go online, check the eligibility criteria and to apply if they’re eligible.”
The online portal will close at 23:59 on 28 July 2021.
Further information on the £10,000 top up grant can be found at http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/RTHLTopUP.
Further information on the £5,000 top up grant can be found at http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/SBSGTopUp
Notes to editors:
1. If your business is eligible for the £10k top up and you got more than £10,000 in payments from LRSS or CRBSS you will not receive any top up, if you got less than £10,000 you will be topped up to £10k e.g. if got £5,200 LRSS you will get a top up of £4,800.
2. If your business is eligible for the £5k top up and you got more than £5,000 in payments from LRSS or CRBSS you will not receive any top up, if you received less than £5,000 you will be topped up to £5k e.g. if got £1,200 LRSS you will get a top up of £3,800.
3. Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on email email@example.com.
4. Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
5. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Pay offer recognises role of civil servants – Archibald 26 February 2024
- €800 million injection will be a catalyst for change – Archibald 20 February 2024
- Over £685 million for public sector pay – Archibald 15 February 2024
- Finance Minister responds to conditions on Executive Restoration Package Settlement 13 February 2024