Land & Property Services (LPS) is reminding landlords that their rate bill must be paid in full by Friday 29 September 2023 to secure an allowance on this year’s rates.
If you are responsible for paying the rates on one or more properties that you rent out, you may be entitled to a 10% allowance on the current year’s rates for those properties.
The allowance only applies to rented properties. It does not apply to the rates due on a landlord’s home address or any second home or personal holiday home that they own.
This allowance is only available if the bill is paid in full by 29 September.
There are a range of ways to pay and landlords can pay online or by contacting the LPS helpline on 0300 200 7801. If making the payment by any method other than card payment, you must allow a minimum of five working days for payment to reach LPS to be sure of qualifying for the allowance.
For further details on payment methods and advice go here.
Notes to editors:
- For more information on terms and conditions, landlord status and different types of landlord accounts visit Rates on rental properties | nidirect
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com.
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter - @dptfinance
- Facebook - @dptfinance
- Instagram - @department_of_finance
- LinkedIn - Department of Finance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- 12 September 2023
- Online awareness events to be held on energy efficiency and related areas of Building Regulations consultation 17 August 2023
- Views sought on proposed changes to the NICS recruitment policy on advertising 07 August 2023
- Views sought on energy efficiency and related areas of the Building Regulations 27 July 2023