Land & Property Services (LPS) is reminding landlords that their rate bill must be paid in full by Friday 29 September 2023 to secure an allowance on this year’s rates.
If you are responsible for paying the rates on one or more properties that you rent out, you may be entitled to a 10% allowance on the current year’s rates for those properties.
The allowance only applies to rented properties. It does not apply to the rates due on a landlord’s home address or any second home or personal holiday home that they own.
This allowance is only available if the bill is paid in full by 29 September.
There are a range of ways to pay and landlords can pay online or by contacting the LPS helpline on 0300 200 7801. If making the payment by any method other than card payment, you must allow a minimum of five working days for payment to reach LPS to be sure of qualifying for the allowance.
For further details on payment methods and advice go here.
Notes to editors:
- For more information on terms and conditions, landlord status and different types of landlord accounts visit Rates on rental properties | nidirect
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com.
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter - @dptfinance
- Facebook - @dptfinance
- Instagram - @department_of_finance
- LinkedIn - Department of Finance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- €800 million injection will be a catalyst for change – Archibald 20 February 2024
- Over £685 million for public sector pay – Archibald 15 February 2024
- Finance Minister responds to conditions on Executive Restoration Package Settlement 13 February 2024
- Public sector pay top priority – Archibald 07 February 2024