The Executive has today agreed allocations of over £220 million including funding for waiting lists, Special Educational Needs and the Victims Payment Scheme.
Announcing the allocations which are part of the June 2021 monitoring round process, Minister Murphy said: “The Executive is committed to ensuring our health service has the funding it needs as it continues to face ongoing pressure and challenges as a result of the pandemic. Today’s allocation of £66 million for Health includes over £30 million to tackle elective care waiting lists.
“I am allocating £57 million for education which includes over £35 million of additional support for children with Special Educational Needs.
“£19 million is being provided for the Victims Payment Scheme. This scheme will provide vital support to those who suffered physical or physiological injury as a result of the conflict. We will continue to discuss long-term funding for the Victims’ Pension Scheme with the Treasury.”
The Minister continued: “I am also allocating over £39 million to the Department for Communities which includes funding for urban renewal programmes as well as £8 million for property adaptations for tenants living with disabilities and £8 million to fund a shared ownership pilot scheme for over 55s.”
Other allocations include:
- Department for Infrastructure – £19.7 million including funding for lost income, roads maintenance, A5 and A6 flagship schemes and NI Water.
- Department of Justice – £11.5 million for Legal Services, PSNI protocol costs and Personal Injury Discount Rate
- The Executive Office – £4.3 million
- Department of Finance – £3.5 million for Central Government Transformation Programme and IT costs across all Departments
- Department for Economy – £0.9 million for Tourism NI
Minister Murphy concluded: “Today’s allocations will ensure the most vulnerable in society continue to be protected, our health service is supported and funding is provided for capital investment in roads maintenance, the schools estate and across housing.”
Notes to editors:
- The funding includes £149 million Resource, £61.3 million Capital and £11.2 million Financial Transactions Capital. A copy of the Written Ministerial Statement which provides a breakdown of allocations can be viewed at https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/publications/written-ministerial-statement-2020-21-provisional-outturn-and-2021-22-june-monitoring
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Telephone: 028 9081 6724 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy launches consultation to mandate Changing Places Toilet provision in Building Regulations 28 July 2021
- Murphy visits Mid Ulster businesses benefitting from financial support 23 July 2021
- Finance Minister visits North Coast business benefitting from a share of over £68 million of Covid support 07 July 2021
- Murphy launches Stormont play park ‘Quiet Hour’ 06 July 2021