The Executive has agreed further funding allocations of £226.5 million following bids from Departments.
Outlining the funding, the Finance Minister said: “These allocations includes £175 million to purchase additional PPE. This will bolster supplies and ensure the continued protection of frontline health workers leading the fight against COVID-19.
“Over £15.2 million of capital allocations will fund the purchase of medical equipment across cardiology, urology and radiology specialisms, and help procure licenses for digital health technology.
“£27.3 million is for the additional student support announced last week, £9 million is being allocated to the Forest Service and £42,000 of capital funding for the Commission for Victims and Survivors.”
Commenting on unallocated funding, Minister Murphy added: “I continue to discuss funding flexibility with Treasury and expect to carry forward any further funding provided into 2021-22. However, Treasury have advised this will not include flexibility in relation to the funding received before Christmas. It is therefore important this £200 million is now made available for reallocation.
“I continue to urge Executive Ministers to bring forwards proposals to use available funding, particularly for those who to date haven’t received support.”
Notes to editors:
Notes to editors:
- After today’s allocations – the breakdown of unallocated funding includes: £249.7 million Resource, £10.7 million Capital and £55.7 million Financial Transactions Capital.
- A copy of the Minister’s Written Ministerial Statement to the Assembly can be viewed at: https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/publications/2020-21-further-public-expenditure-allocations-written-ministerial-statement
- Full Covid-19 allocations can be viewed at: https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/publications/covid-19-funding-allocations
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office at: email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Multi-year Budget provides opportunity for long-term thinking – Murphy 23 November 2021
- NI Cyber Security Centre launches Cyber Champions Programme 22 November 2021
- Workers should be paid a fair wage - Murphy 16 November 2021
- Consultation launched on changes to Marriage Law 15 November 2021