Background to the NI Procurement Policy document
At its meeting on 16 May 2002, the NI Executive agreed to a revised public procurement policy for NI departments, agencies, non-departmental public bodies and public corporations. The policy document sets out the revised policies adopted by the Executive.
The revision of public procurement policy resulted from recommendations in a report by the Procurement Review Team, which was issued for public consultation in September 2001. Following the consultation, the Review Team modified their original report and their final recommendations have been incorporated into the policy.
Topics covered by the policy document:
- definitions of public procurement and value-for-money
- procurement policy guiding principles
- Procurement Board membership and purpose
- role of Central Procurement Directorate
- role of Centres of Procurement Expertise
- recommendations implemented by the Procurement Board
- integration with other NI Executive policies