- Northern Ireland Civil Service recruitment website
- study on identified adverse impact in NICS recruitment competitions for first line managers
- NICS People Strategy 2013-2016
- Departmental Human Resource Strategy 2009-2011
- NICS HR Policies
- Policy Screening
Health and Safety
- the Fire Safety Manual 2011 version 1.3
- the Premises Officer Guide 2014 version 1.5
- information on accident reporting procedures is available in hard copy, on request.
Equality and Diversity
- the DFP Equality Scheme contains information on how DFP proposes to fulfil the duties imposed on it by Section 75 of the NI Act 1998.
- the NICS Equality and Diversity plan identifies the key equality and diversity issues for the NICS.
For more information and help please contact:
Equal Opportunities Unit
Central Personnel Group
Department of Finance and Personnel
6th Floor, Royston House
34 Upper Queen Street
Copies and alternative formats are provided on request.
- new disability duties came into effect on 1 January 2007 and the DFP Disability Action Plan sets out how DFP proposes to fulfil these duties. A publication entitled "The employment of people with disabilities in the NICS" is also available. This is currently under review, but may be obtained on request, free of charge.
For more information or help please contact:
Bangor Telephone: 028 9185 8173
- the Article 55 Review sets out the results of the latest statutory review of fair participation by Protestants and Roman Catholics in the NICS.
- Gender Review - This report set out the results of a review of gender composition in the NICS workforce.
- the following publications relating to Equal Opportunities are available on request, free of charge: Equal Opportunities Policy, Equal Opportunities Complaints Procedures and Guidance on Good Practice for Departments Equal Opportunities - A Guide to NICS Staff.
Senior Civil Service
- independent review of appointment and promotion procedures for the senior civil service of the NICS action plan update
- senior civil service development strategy 2008-2011