Our commitment to customers
If you are not satisfied with the standard of service LPS provide to you, there is a procedure you can go through to make a complaint.
LPS aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible
- we treat your complaint seriously
- we deal with your complaint promptly and in confidence
- we learn from complaints and use them to review and improve our service
What is a complaint?
A complaint is when you tell us you are not happy about the service we provide. It can be about anything and could include when:
- we do not deliver a service on time
- we give you the wrong information
- you receive a poor quality service
- you have a problem with a member of staff
How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint you can contact our Corporate Correspondence and Complaints Unit in any of the ways listed below:
- by email: email@example.com (please state "complaint" in the subject line)
- by phone to our Customer Complaints Unit on 0300 200 7805
- by phone if calling from outside the UK on +44 28 9049 5837
- in person at one of our Customer Information Centres
- in writing to our Corporate Correspondence and Complaints Unit at the address below:
Corporate Correspondence and Complaints Unit
7 Lanyon Place
You can find out more information in the LPS Complaints procedure.
Your complaint will be fully investigated and a response issued within 10 working days.
If you are unhappy with the response you can contact the Chief Executive as follows:Colum Boyle
Land & Property Services
7 Lanyon Place
If you are still unhappy with our response you can contact the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman:Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman
33 Wellington Place
Opening hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
The Ombudsman will not normally investigate a complaint unless the Land & Property Services internal complaints procedure has been exhausted.
Details on how to complain to the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman can be found on the Ombudsman's website.
- LPS aim to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within two working days
- LPS will issue a full response within 10 working days
- if there is a delay in responding we will keep you informed of our progress
Categories of appeal / complaint which can be made to LPS
Housing Benefit Appeals
There is a separate Housing Benefit appeals procedure if you do not agree with the amount of Housing Benefit you are receiving. You can contact the Housing Benefit team using the details below:Land & Property Services
Housing Benefit Rate Relief Unit
56-66 Upper Queen Street
- Tel: 0300 200 7802 (calls charged at local rate)
Valuation - applications for revision and appeals
There are separate procedure if you do not agree with the valuation LPS has placed on your property. You can get details of the procedures as follows:
- Tel: 0300 200 7801
- Text relay: 18001 0300 200 7801
You must still pay your rates while your valuation is being considered. If you are successful LPS will refund any amount overpaid, along with interest, if applicable.
If your complaint is specific to a Licensing decision and you have exhausted the LPS complaints processes you can contact:The Information Commisioner’s Office
- Tel: 0303 123 1113
- Information Commissioner's Office
LPS is happy to receive any other comments on our service to customers. Please contact us in any of the ways mentioned above or complete a comment card at any of our offices.