A new £1 million fund to remove unsafe aluminium composite material (ACM) cladding from private residential buildings has opened for applications.
The fund being administered by the Department of Finance on behalf of the Executive is available to management companies acting on behalf of residents in residential buildings over 18m in height who would otherwise have an obligation to meet the cost of cladding remediation.
Commenting on the Fund, Finance Minister Conor Murphy said: “The Executive is committed to ensuring that residents are afforded the same level of fire safety in all buildings as in other Devolved Administrations.
“This funding is targeted at the highest risk buildings fitted with unsafe ACM. It will ensure those impacted are given peace of mind while also being protected from bearing the cost of replacing the unsafe cladding on their homes. This will provide homeowners with reassurance and ensure that mortgage lenders and insurers can have confidence too.”
Further information on the ACM fund including eligibility criteria can be found at www.finance-ni.gov.uk/acm-cladding.
In addition to the ACM Fund, the Department of Finance has today also announced a public call for leaseholders / building owners to provide evidence that their building is fitted with unsafe non ACM cladding materials.
Minister Murphy added: “My Department is aware that other unsafe cladding may be in place in high rise buildings. We are extending this call for evidence to encourage any residents, developers or building owners of buildings over 18 metres fitted with unsafe non ACM cladding to provide evidence. This will enable us collectively as an Executive to assess the extent of the problem and to determine the scale and necessity for any future remediation fund.”
Further information on the public call for evidence for unsafe non ACM cladding can be found at www.finance-ni.gov.uk/articles/private-residential-acm-cladding-remediation-fund-application-guidance
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Executive agrees Regional Rate 29 February 2024
- Pay offer recognises role of civil servants – Archibald 26 February 2024
- €800 million injection will be a catalyst for change – Archibald 20 February 2024
- Over £685 million for public sector pay – Archibald 15 February 2024