Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir, MLA welcomed the Assembly passage of new rating rules to extend 100% rate support to unlicensed sports clubs that register as Community Amateur Sports Clubs.
The Minister made the announcement following the Assembly debate on The Rates (Increased Reduction for Recreational Hereditaments) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2016. The new rule amends existing rating legislation in order to provide enhanced rate support for eligible clubs.
Speaking in the Assembly today, the Minister said: “These Regulations now implement the consultation proposals that will secure an increase from 80% to 100% rate support for Community Amateur Sports Clubs without a licensed bar area on their premises. I can confirm that eligible clubs can apply to LPS from tomorrow.
“My Department has taken account of a range of views expressed during the recent consultation and this has informed the final shape of the scheme. This change has struck the right balance between the interests of amateur sport on the one hand and the commercial sector on the other.”
Notes to editors:
1. The new power is made following the passage earlier in the year of the Rates (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 2016 and subsequent consultation exercise on the use of the enabling power.
2. Further details on the consultation process are available on the DoF website
3. Sign up to receive the weekly Minister’s News featuring latest updates from Máirtín Ó Muilleoir, Finance Minister.
4. Follow us on twitter @dptfinance and like the Facebook page.
For media enquires please contact the DoF Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Inclusive playpark opens ahead of summer holidays 25 June 2019
- Members sought for the Northern Ireland Building Regulations Advisory Committee 24 June 2019
- Department of Finance response to NIAO Report on nidirect Strategic Partner Project 14 June 2019
- Nearly £10million provided in rates assistance 12 June 2019