The Department of Finance apologises for an administrative error which has resulted in potentially 31,000 payments to Civil Service Pension Scheme members being delayed.
The payments, which were due today, Friday 28 May, will now be made at the earliest possible opportunity, which will be no later than Tuesday 1 June.
A full investigation with our IT supplier has been initiated and all possible solutions are being urgently explored.
The Department of Finance and our IT provider apologise unreservedly to all those impacted.
Further information is available on the website: www.finance-ni.gov.uk/articles/may-2021-pension-payment
Any pension scheme members affected who would like to discuss the issue further can make contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 028 7131 9000/9083/9203/9204 or 028 7132 1228/1212. Staff will be available daily from 9am to 5pm (including this weekend and Bank Holiday Monday).
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on email email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy announces business rates revaluation 16 June 2021
- Murphy presses Chancellor for multi-year budgeting 15 June 2021
- Murphy launches student placement scheme 14 June 2021
- Finance Minister visits local Armagh manufacturer 09 June 2021