Following his appointment as Finance Minister, Conor Murphy has said it’s time for the two Governments to deliver the promised financial package.
Minister Murphy said: “The New Decade, New Approach document presented by the Governments contains ambitious commitments for public services and workers. To deliver these commitments, the Governments pledged a substantial injection of funding, over and above the block grant.
“The local parties have done their part by restoring the power-sharing Executive. The two Governments must now honour their pledge and provide the funding needed to deliver on the New Decade, New Approach document.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries to Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Murphy Concerned at Funding of Human Rights Commission 28 January 2020
- Murphy allocates funds for Special Educational Needs, Blood Contamination payments and Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry 27 January 2020
- Murphy strengthens code for Special Advisers 20 January 2020
- Murphy committed to meaningful engagement with Trade Union colleagues 17 January 2020