Following his appointment as Finance Minister, Conor Murphy has said it’s time for the two Governments to deliver the promised financial package.
Minister Murphy said: “The New Decade, New Approach document presented by the Governments contains ambitious commitments for public services and workers. To deliver these commitments, the Governments pledged a substantial injection of funding, over and above the block grant.
“The local parties have done their part by restoring the power-sharing Executive. The two Governments must now honour their pledge and provide the funding needed to deliver on the New Decade, New Approach document.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries to Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Murphy allocates additional funds for education, health and infrastructure 17 February 2020
- Call for urgent talks with new Chief Secretary to the Treasury 16 February 2020
- Special Advisers Appointments 14 February 2020
- Murphy outlines commitment to ensuring fair rates system 13 February 2020