The annual January monitoring round process is currently underway. During this process Departments declare reduced requirements and surrender any funding no longer required to the Department of Finance for reallocation. These reallocations are normally made in January.
Funding no longer required was surrendered by a number of departments yesterday as part of this process.
Given the current pressures and extenuating circumstances, the Department of Finance has taken the unprecedented step to expedite the reallocation of £28million of this money to the Department of Health for immediate use.
The intention is this will help address some of the Department of Health pay funding pressures.
The January monitoring round process is still ongoing. Once this is complete, details of all allocations will be published in full.
Notes to editors:
- Deadline for departments to declare reduced requirements was close of play Wednesday 4th December 2019.
- Departments have until 2nd January 2020 to submit bids for any additional funding they require under the January monitoring round process.
- All media queries to Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Murphy Concerned at Funding of Human Rights Commission 28 January 2020
- Murphy allocates funds for Special Educational Needs, Blood Contamination payments and Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry 27 January 2020
- Murphy strengthens code for Special Advisers 20 January 2020
- Murphy committed to meaningful engagement with Trade Union colleagues 17 January 2020