Central Procurement Directorate (CPD) is the lead professional public procurement body for Northern Ireland.
Role of CPD
CPD provides expert advice and professional procurement services to the NI departments and arm's length bodies, helping these clients obtain best value for money.
The role of our procurement experts includes:
- helping the client clearly define what they need
- advising on the best method of finding a supplier
- taking it to the marketplace to obtain best value
- assisting in managing the contract
Examples of CPD projects
CPD works with a wide range of clients across the NI public sector. It may be helpful to view some examples of our recent procurements, to understand the work we do.
Find out more about public procurement
Follow the 'Procurement' topic to access a wide range of information, including:
- tips on how to start competing for public sector contracts;
- procurement pipeline information;
- best practice information for contractors working in the construction industry;
- guidance for public sector customers on how to engage with CPD, including lists of existing framework arrangements available for use; and
- an extensive set of Procurement Guidance Notes.
Telephone numbers and email addresses for teams within CPD are available on our 'Contact CPD' page.